Ask a Question
Advertise on boostr.in
Organizational Research By
Surprising Reserch Topic
Question:what is the new features in PL/SQL in 10g
Regular expression functions REGEXP_LIKE , REGEXP_INSTR, REGEXP_REPLACE, and REGEXP_SUBSTR
- Compile time warnings
- Conditional compilation
- Improvement to native compilation
- BINARY_INTEGER made similar to PLS_INTEGER
- INDICES OF , VALUES OF in FORALL lets you work on non-consecutive indices
- Quoting mechanism . Instead of quoting single quotes twice everytime, give your own delimiter to go on using single quotes.
Ex: q'!I'm a string, you're a string.!'
- Flashback Query functions. SCN_TO_TIMESTAMP, TIMESTAMP_TO_SCN
- Implicit conversion between CLOB and NCLOB
- Improved Overloading
- New datatypes BINARY_FLOAT, BINARY_DOUBLE
- Global optimization enabled
- PLS_INTEGER range increased to 32bit
- DYNAMIC WRAP using DBMS_DDL
Sep 13, 2013
Sep 12, 2013
to add a comment.
Related Hot Questions
Your name to display (optional):
Email me at this address if my answer is selected or commented on:
Email me if my answer is selected or commented on
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
To avoid this verification in future, please