Ask a Question
Advertise on boostr.in
Organizational Research By
Surprising Reserch Topic
boostr.in questions - Question:how to avoid performance problems in PL/SQL.
Use FORALL instead of FOR, and use BULK COLLECT to avoid looping many times
- Tune SQL statements to avoid CPU overhead
- Use NOCOPY for OUT and IN OUT if the original value need not be retained. Overhead of keeping a copy of OUT is avoided.
- Reorder conditional tests to put least expensive ones first
- Minimize datatype conversions => Assign data to exact same type variables
- Use PLS_INTEGER for computation intensive code. NUMBER, INTEGER maintain precision and scale but not optimized for performance as additional checks are made to maintain precision and scale.
- Do not use subtypes like POSITIVE, NATURAL, INTEGER as they have additional checks
- Use BINARY_FLOAT, BINARY_DOUBLE
- EXECUTE IMMEDIATE is faster than DBMS_SQL
Sep 13, 2013
Sep 12, 2013
to add a comment.
Related Hot Questions
Government Jobs Opening