the use of cascade in hbm file
1) cascade="none", the default, tells Hibernate to ignore the association.
2) cascade="save-update" tells Hibernate to navigate the association when the
transaction is committed and when an object is passed to save() or
update() and save newly instantiated transient instances and persist changes to
3) cascade="delete" tells Hibernate to navigate the association and delete persistent
instances when an object is passed to delete().
4) cascade="all" means to cascade both save-update and delete, as well as
calls to evict and lock.
5) cascade="all-delete-orphan" means the same as cascade="all" but, in addition,
Hibernate deletes any persistent entity instance that has been removed
(dereferenced) from the association (for example, from a collection).
6) cascade="delete-orphan" Hibernate will delete any persistent entity
instance that has been removed (dereferenced) from the association (for
Using cascade property we can ensure relationship with parent to child
Whenever we have a parent child relation ship, if parent record is changed then child record should also be changed. Primary key must be reflected in the child key